Cosmetic Dental Services Morton, PA
Now more than ever, people are mindful of their smile’s appearance. Most people are not born with a perfect smile. Luckily they can turn to cosmetic dental services to fix various problems, from discolored and crooked teeth to irregularly shaped gums. These procedures are great options for anyone who wants to improve their smile.
Delaware County Dental provides a range of cosmetic dental services in Morton and the surrounding area. Our team is here to answer your questions and help you improve your smile confidence. Give us a call at (484) 223-1780 to schedule an appointment.
Understanding What Cosmetic Dental Services Are
Cosmetic dental services primarily focus on improving dental aesthetics through color, position, shape, alignment, and size. Unlike general dentistry, this kind of dental work aims to enhance appearance rather than improve functionality or oral health. Most cosmetic dental work is considered elective. Unlike other dental services, cosmetic ones are usually not required for health or medical reasons.
Although any dentist with a general dentistry degree can provide cosmetic dental services, many take additional education courses. It is important to select a skilled and experienced cosmetic dentist to get the desired results. Looking at patient photos, reviews, and having consultations can be helpful in choosing the right procedure and dentist.
“What are cosmetic dental services?”
Smiling With Confidence
A smile is one of the first things people see, and it often sets the first impression. People who have dental issues may avoid smiling because they are embarrassed. Cosmetic dentistry can improve these issues and help patients smile brightly. Even small changes can make a big difference in self-esteem.
Insecurity about teeth is a common problem for many people. Research from an ADA study found that one in four adults avoids smiling and 23% of adults are embarrassed about the condition of their mouth and teeth. Cosmetic dental services can help empower patients to smile more often and more confidently.
“Can cosmetic dental services improve confidence?”
Common Cosmetic Dental Services
Whether a person wants to brighten their teeth or replace a missing tooth, there is a wide variety of cosmetic options available to help achieve a more aesthetic appearance. Most cosmetic dental procedures are fairly simple; however, some are more complex and require specialized care. Some of these common cosmetic dental services include:
- Bonding: Dental bonding is a cosmetic solution to fix stains, gaps in the teeth, and chipped teeth. Resin is molded and shaped to fit on the teeth, which gives the appearance of a bright, straight smile. It is a quick and minimally invasive procedure.
- Dental implants: Implants are a popular method used to replace missing teeth. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, around half a million people receive implants every year. This technique provides a stable foundation for artificial teeth, and it helps prevent bone loss. Implants also look and function in the same way as natural teeth.
- Gum recontouring: Sometimes the patient’s problem has to do with the gums as opposed to the teeth. An uneven gum line or excess gum tissue can interfere with the look of a smile. Gum recontouring is a cosmetic procedure that changes the shape and appearance of the gums. Typically, a laser adds or takes away gum tissue.
- Inlays and onlays: These treatments help restore the look teeth after damage. Inlays are made from durable material and repair the chewing surfaces of teeth. Onlays cover a larger surface area and are also considered indirect fillings as well as a crown alternative. Both inlays and onlays provide natural tooth preservation, stability, and strength.
- Teeth whitening: Dark drinks, food, smoking, and medication can all stain teeth. There are various over-the-counter whitening products, but whitening done under a dental professional’s supervision is usually more effective. Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental services.
“Whether a person wants to brighten their teeth or replace a missing tooth, there is a wide variety of cosmetic options available to help achieve a more aesthetic appearance.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dental Services in Morton, PA
Getting a Straighter Looking Smile
According to an article in Scientific American, nearly nine out of 10 people have a smile that is at least slightly misaligned. Though it is more common to have crooked teeth, having straight teeth is preferred. For this reason, many people seek teeth straightening for purely aesthetic reasons. They just want a straighter smile or one that at least looks straight.
People who want straight teeth for purely cosmetic reasons may want to consider bonding, veneers, or clear aligners. Bonding has been used for years to alter the shape of teeth to make them appear more straight. Similarly, dental veneers can make a smile appear straight and they tend to last longer. However, veneers are often a more expensive and invasive procedure that can not be reversed. Clear aligners are an increasingly popular option for cosmetic straightening. They change the actual position of teeth through a series of aligners that gradually move the teeth to the desired result.
“According to an article in Scientific American, nearly nine out of 10 people have a smile that is at least slightly misaligned.”
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. What are cosmetic dental services?
Q. Can cosmetic dental services improve confidence?
Q. What are the common cosmetic dental services?
Q. How can I get a straighter looking smile?
People Also Ask
Q. What are the different types of cosmetic dentistry treatments?
Q. How can cosmetic dentistry restore teeth?
Q. How should people take care of their teeth after a smile makeover?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How does cosmetic dentistry differ from general dentistry?
A. General dentistry focuses on the health of your gums and teeth and helps prevent dental decay. Cosmetic dentistry provides options to help improve the look of a patient’s smile. Based on the specific issue and individual patient, the choices vary from minimally invasive to more complex procedures.
Q. Are there any health benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
A. While cosmetic procedures generally focus on improving aesthetics, some of them also enhance oral health. For example, implants help prevent bone loss and loss of facial structure. Some procedures also reduce the number of bacteria, which results in fewer cavities and decay.
Q. How long do cosmetic dental services take?
A. The amount of time a cosmetic dental service will take varies on the procedure and the patient. Some procedures can be done in one visit, like teeth whitening, while others may take a series of visits, like dental implants. Some may also require follow-up appointments to ensure the desired results.
Q. How can I maintain my procedure results?
A. Cosmetic dentistry results will be useless without proper maintenance. Good oral hygiene is essential to ensure a healthy mouth and maintain cosmetic results. Proper care includes brushing and flossing, visiting the dentist regularly, and following any special care instructions.
Q. Are there any side effects of cosmetic dental services?
A. Most procedures are minimally invasive and have few side effects. For example, teeth may be more sensitive after teeth whitening, but it is temporary and will go away after 48 hours. Procedures like dental implants are more invasive and can cause side effects like bleeding, minor soreness, and swelling. These are not long-term effects and typically go away within a week.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2021
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2021
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2021
About our business and website security
- Delaware County Dental was established in 2022.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Delaware County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Morton, Springfield, Swarthmore, Folsom, Media, Rose Valley, Drexel Hill, Broomall, Ridley Park, and Glenolden
- National Provider Identifier Database (1063941623). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Cosmetic Dental Services
Benefits Of Digital Impressions For Dental Restorations
Traditionally, dental restorations require an individual to have a physical impression of their mouth taken. Impressions are necessary to accurately create an indirect dental restoration, which are restoration made outside of the oral cavity and applied at a later time. Dental crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays are all examples of restorations that require impressions in order to…
How A General Dentist May Treat Your Cavity
General dentists are the go-to dental professional to see when a cavity arises. They are trained and equipped to offer an array of treatment options, all of which restore the tooth so that it can be healthy and strong. Outlined below are a few ways that a general dentist may treat a cavity. Reviewing the following…
Restorative Dentistry To Repair Teeth
Restorative dentistry is common practice for many patients during their dental appointments. Maintaining a healthy relationship with your dentist is one of the most beneficial practices you can establish to maintain proper oral hygiene. Your smile says a lot about you, and it is often the first feature noticed when you meet someone new. Everyone should…
Tips For Keeping Dentures In Good Shape
If you own dentures, it’s important that you keep them in great shape. This will improve how long you have them and your oral health and prevent you from paying for another set of pearly whites. Thankfully, cleaning and maintaining them are easy enough with the proper knowledge. Below are tips and tricks to help…